Feel good things to do at Home
How do you feel good, when you can’t go anywhere, can’t have coffee with your friend, or even go for a drive anywhere? During a COVID-19 lockdown, the feel-good stuff needs to change. We have changed our attitude and taken on board the strategies to be happy, but sometimes we need a little extra motivation on what we could be doing. Here is a list of things to do that will buck up your spirits and keep you feeling warm and snuggly with life while being locked away in your homes.
- Pampering things to do for yourself
- Things to do for others
- Ways to socialise while being home alone
- Things to do, to keep your mind of being isolated.
- Bring out the creative side of you.
- Things to do in the kitchen.
- Things to do around the house.
Pampering things to do for yourself.
- Have a shower before bed by candlelight, you will be so relaxed and zen.
- Relax in front of an open fire, feeling the warmth listen to the crackles of the burning wood, and drink a port or Muscat
- Start the day with a morning meditation and free your mind of all thoughts that could be negative that keep you in that negative state for the rest of the day.
- Change the bedsheets, there is nothing nicer than climbing into a fresh clean bed at night.
- I always cook eggs and bacon maybe add a tomato, mushroom or baked beans as well for breakfast on weekends, it makes me feel special
- Treat yourself to a facial and pamper yourself, put on a mask, your skin will love you and you will feel loved by you.
- Wash and straightening your hair will make you feel good, it is just like you’ve been to the hairdressers.
- Have a shower and use warm fluffy towels (straight from the dryer) to wrap around yourself (you will need someone to bring them to you)
- In the morning do your make-up and make yourself look a million dollars.
- Stay in bed and read a book or go to bed early and read a book, it will transport you to a new place.
- Put some lavender oil in a bath, play some relaxation music add bath salts, and have candles burning while you sit back, relax and soak in a hot bath.
- A hot cup of hot chocolate on the couch after everything is done and before you go to bed is a lovely treat.
- Sit outside in the sun and enjoy your morning coffee before the mayhem of the day starts.
- Nothing better than snuggling up on the couch to a good old chick flick, watching a favorite, or discovering a new one to add to the collection.
- Focus on your own well-being, put together an eating plan and exercise plan that will make you feel well and healthy.
Things to do for others.
- Donate blood and plasma so you can help others in need, you will feel amazing when you realize how many people you have helped.
- Make cupcakes and deliver them to the letterboxes of neighbours with nice notes on them.
- Start making your own Christmas gifts for your loved ones, get out the craft books or google what can you make that would be special for someone else?
- Write your Christmas cards out and put them into envelopes ready for posting in December
- Make a care package up for someone who is struggling.
Ways to socialise while still being home alone.
- Learn to play bridge, 500, or a card game online, YouTube has some amazing things you can learn.
- Ring a different girlfriend every day and have a chat check that they are ok
- Do an online writing workshop and learn the skills of professional writers.
- Learn a new skill online, maybe a language or an interest you have always thought about but never got to look into.
- Organize a ladies lunch on zoom where all your friends can have lunch together.
- Do an online exercise class or dancercise class from your lounge room, exercise definitely elevates your mood
- Join a group online which has interests similar to yours.
Things to do, to keep your mind of being isolated.
- Spring clean the house especially areas you haven’t been in for a while, wash the windows, and clean the skirting boards.
- Organize your photos and put them into a book, there are great online book publishers that can print books for you, or you could print them out traditionally and create your own scrapbook.
- Organize the garage, sheds or under the house and get rid of the junk that is no longer needed or works.
- The satisfaction of cleaning out a cupboard really gives some women a huge lift, just getting rid of junk you don’t need and organizing a space so you have more room to put things can be very rewarding.
- Catch up on all your admin, tax, and paperwork, organizing it and shredding all the old stuff.
- If you are a business owner you could do a social media or Facebook list of posts for the future.
- Start planning how to start a new business
- Write a story about something or someone, it can be fictional or a real story with real meaning, write it about yourself but from someone else’s perspective, it will be interesting to see what you learn about yourself.
- Research your family history, find out who you are and where your family started. Have your DNA analyzed and find out where you really came from.
- Play some music and make a list of your favorite musicians, bands, and songs
- Make a dream or bucket list of all the things you want to do and achieve in your life, write it in a book and keep it on the coffee table so you can add in new things as you think or discover them.
- Get started on a jigsaw? Escape into a scene from Paris or something exotic.
Bring out the creative side of you.
- Upcycle a piece of furniture. Take something that is looking shabby and old, paint it, and retrofit it into something that looks amazing.
- Clothes that you love but are looking warn, dye them and bring them back to life, change the color so they look totally different.
- Knit a pair of socks, a jumper or something else for yourself or someone in your life.
- Buy a craft kit, like candle making or soap making, and make something that you can appreciate or give away to someone special
- If you are into sewing, be creative with your discarded old clothes and upcycle them, turn dresses into skirts and jumpers into cardigans and jackets, add frills, buttons, patches, and totally re-purpose things that normally would be thrown out.
- Find an old box or shoebox, cover it with paper, pictures, jewels, beautiful words, and lacquer it turning it into a special keepsakes box to put those special things in.
- Go through old craft patterns and books that you have kept and make something from them.
- UFO’s we all seem to have these in our cupboards, unfinished projects that need to be completed or thrown out, make a decision and either finish them or get rid of them.
- Make some jewellery, find a design on Pinterest, order the components online, and copy it, giving extras away as gifts to others.
- Play in your wardrobe, clean out all the old and mix and match articles you normally wouldn’t put together to see what they look like.
Things to do in the kitchen.
- Bake a loaf of bread, nothing better than warm bread straight from the oven with butter.
- Make a big pot of soup, boil up the leftover chicken and add the bones put in lots of different vegetables, maybe a soup mix and you could have a pot big enough for two nights’ dinners that is yummy and full of goodness.
- Make your own almond milk or kefir
- Bake some biscuits and fill the biscuit tin up with yummy treats for the family
- Cook a different cuisine from a country of the world you want to visit each week.
Things to do around the house.
- Have fun in the garden, take some cuttings or plant some new plants, watching the fruits of your labor will be very rewarding.
- Plant some seeds into trays or directly in the garden, watching them come up is satisfying.
- Lay new mulch in the garden, topping it up so the weeds don’t come through.
- Look up a calendar for planting with the moon in your area, organise your planting schedule around this calendar.
Having feel-good and fun things to do in lockdown is a challenge. Expanding our activities within our homes can be fun and exciting. Our list of suggestions will help you along the way to keep your spirits up, your boredom down and return the warm and snuggly to your life whilst away from family, friends, and the outside world.
Some great ideas thank you.
Which ones we we try next?
These are really good tips to keep yourself occupied during the lockdown.