10 simple things you can do to change your life.
You can change the way you feel by changing the thoughts in your head. Doing nothing will keep you and your old thoughts in the same place. Your situation may even worsen but the decision to change your mindset can change your life, if you want it to happen. Some things will be easy, some will not and some days will be harder than others, but with practice and determination for change and happiness in your life, it is possible.
Start to change your life ideas
Here are a few ideas that I do to change my mindset, I hope it helps some of you who are struggling today.
- Go for a walk, a big walk, and if you can go to the beach and walk along the water it’s even better, or go to the mountains and look at the beauty. Fresh air is good for you and getting out into the sunshine, not only increases your vitamin intake but adds variety to your mind to look at and think about. Take a water bottle with you too, as drinking lots of water will flush the toxins out of your body too which will only make you feel better.
- Use music to change your mood, I find the happy song by Pharrell Williams that lasts for an hour is fantastic, even if I’m really struggling after 30 minutes I can start to feel the change coming over me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQD9EBCwlQc
- Dance, dance, dance, I have just discovered a wonderful dance movement that works as a meditation, its called Five Rhythms Dance, it is all around the world, if you can find somewhere near you, please try this as it is absolutely wonderful.
- Ring a girlfriend, go visit a friend, get out and talk to someone, but not only about how your feeling, but also about the other person and what they are doing, life is not always about you, so think and concentrate on the other person.
- Go to the movies, watch a funny movie, laughter is wonderful for the sole and the movie will give you something else to think about, just make sure it is uplifting and not a sad depressing movie.
- What do you like doing best in your life? What is your hobby or what have you always wanted to do? Well then do it, pick up that paint brush, or go out and buy the wool and pattern for that jumper you have always wanted to knit. It doesn’t matter what you do, just make sure you love it and want to do it or have wanted to do it in the past. Find a club and join them, like minded people in pursuit of similar interests make great friends regardless of sex, age, or socio-economic differences.
- Gratitude. Start a gratitude diary and each day list the things you are grateful for in your life, including all the wonderful people who support you.
- Go for a relaxing massage, de-stress the muscles in your body and allow your body to be touched and pampered, it will release feelings of joy and pleasure from the self love you are allowing yourself to receive.
- Get a good night sleep, use sleep meditations to help you drift off, there are wonderful 8 hour music meditations on the net that will help keep your mind away from the daily blues, listen to these each night before you drift off.
- If you can afford it, go for a holiday, or even a weekend away will be great too. Create some new memories that are solely for you, explore somewhere out of the way and somewhere you haven’t been before, it will give you things to think and talk about that are different everyday when you return.
Maybe you will start today, or maybe it will be tomorrow. Your start is yours to make. It only takes one change of thought to change your life
- Lorene Roberts