Quick and Easy Recipes for Busy Work at Home Mums
- 4 eggs,
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Mix on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Rind of 1 ½ lemons finely grated
- Juice of 2 lemons or ½ cup
- 125g butter
Insert the mixing tool or butterfly blade
Cook on speed 3 for 15 minutes at 80 degrees.
Place in 500ml sterilised glass jar and refrigerate.
Use within 2-3 weeks
Healthy Chai Latte powder
- 2 star anise
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon quills
- 1 whole nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 vanilla bean – 3 cm piece lengths
Mix on speed 10 for 12 seconds
- 290g instant milk powder
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 55gm black tea leaves
- 100gm sugar
Mix on speed 9 for 30 seconds
Store in an airtight container.
Healthy Chai Latte
½ milk ½ water boiled with 3-4 teaspoons of powder per cup. Brew
Add honey to sweeten and taste.
Tip: Make a tea pot up and keep on your desk to drink throughout the morning.
Moist Chocolate Cake
1 ½ tsp vanilla
180g SR flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Pre Heat Oven 180C
- Line and grease large cake tin
- Melt: butter until melted, 60 deg, speed 3 for 2mins
- Add: eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, SR flour, cocoa, baking powder
- Mix 45seconds on Speed 5
- Pour into tin & Bake 35-45mins
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out
- Ice with chocolate buttercream icing.
chocolate buttercream icing
- 150g butter
- 300g sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or essence
- Grind sugar for 20 seconds at speed 10
- Scrape down sides and repeat if not fine enough repeat again
- Add vanilla, milk, cocoa powder and butter blend speed 8 for 20 seconds
- Repeat 2 more times if a smoother texture is required.
- Spread or pipe onto cake/cupcakes
125g butter 230g caster sugar
2 eggs 1 cup over ripe mashed bananas
1tsp vanilla ½ level tsp bi-carb (baking soda)
6 tbs water 260g SR flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg
- Cream butter and sugar speed 6 for 30 seconds
- Add one egg at a time beating speed 6 for 15 seconds each time.
- Sift the flour and bi-carb together
- Insert the mixing tool or butterfly blade
- Add 1/3 to the butter mixture and blend on speed 3 for 15 seconds
- Add the bananas and vanilla to the butter mixture and blend for 10 seconds on speed 3
- Add the rest of the flour on speed 3 for 10 seconds.
- Place mixture in a 9” square tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Ice cake with lemon icing, cream cheese icing or split and fill with cream and slices banana
You will never buy this again once you have made your own.
- 110g dry milk powder (I suggest using full cream but skim milk will also work)
- 150g sugar (a darker caramel will happen if you use raw sugar)
- 90g cubed butter,
- 80g tap water
- Use the butterfly blade in the bowl
- Put everything into the bowl
- Cook for 6 minutes, 90 degrees on speed 3
- Store in jar in fridge (milk will thicken as it cools).