Quick and Easy Recipes for Busy Work at Home Mums
Easy Lemon Butter
- 4 eggs,
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Mix on speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Rind of 1 ½ lemons finely grated
- Juice of 2 lemons or ½ cup
- 125g butter
Insert the mixing tool or butterfly blade
Cook on speed 3 for 15 minutes at 80 degrees.
Place in 500ml sterilised glass jar and refrigerate.
Use within 2-3 weeks
Healthy Chai Latte powder
- 2 star anise
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon quills
- 1 whole nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 vanilla bean – 3 cm piece lengths
Mix on speed 10 for 12 seconds
- 290g instant milk powder
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 55gm black tea leaves
- 100gm sugar
Mix on speed 9 for 30 seconds
Store in an airtight container.
Healthy Chai Latte
½ milk ½ water boiled with 3-4 teaspoons of powder per cup. Brew
Add honey to sweeten and taste.
Tip: Make a tea pot up and keep on your desk to drink throughout the morning.
Moist Chocolate Cake
1 ½ tsp vanilla
180g SR flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Pre Heat Oven 180C
- Line and grease large cake tin
- Melt: butter until melted, 60 deg, speed 3 for 2mins
- Add: eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, SR flour, cocoa, baking powder
- Mix 45seconds on Speed 5
- Pour into tin & Bake 35-45mins
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out
- Ice with chocolate buttercream icing.
chocolate buttercream icing
- 150g butter
- 300g sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or essence
- Grind sugar for 20 seconds at speed 10
- Scrape down sides and repeat if not fine enough repeat again
- Add vanilla, milk, cocoa powder and butter blend speed 8 for 20 seconds
- Repeat 2 more times if a smoother texture is required.
- Spread or pipe onto cake/cupcakes
Best ever Banana Cake
125g butter 230g caster sugar
2 eggs 1 cup over ripe mashed bananas
1tsp vanilla ½ level tsp bi-carb (baking soda)
6 tbs water 260g SR flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg
- Cream butter and sugar speed 6 for 30 seconds
- Add one egg at a time beating speed 6 for 15 seconds each time.
- Sift the flour and bi-carb together
- Insert the mixing tool or butterfly blade
- Add 1/3 to the butter mixture and blend on speed 3 for 15 seconds
- Add the bananas and vanilla to the butter mixture and blend for 10 seconds on speed 3
- Add the rest of the flour on speed 3 for 10 seconds.
- Place mixture in a 9” square tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Ice cake with lemon icing, cream cheese icing or split and fill with cream and slices banana
Make your own Easy Sweetened Condensed Milk
You will never buy this again once you have made your own.
- 110g dry milk powder (I suggest using full cream but skim milk will also work)
- 150g sugar (a darker caramel will happen if you use raw sugar)
- 90g cubed butter,
- 80g tap water
- Use the butterfly blade in the bowl
- Put everything into the bowl
- Cook for 6 minutes, 90 degrees on speed 3
- Store in jar in fridge (milk will thicken as it cools).
This is interesting, plus all these recipes look so quick and easy, thank you for sharing.