The beginning of the year often brings the excitement of setting new New Year’s Resolution goals, but statistics show that 80% of people struggle to stick to their resolutions. Don’t be discouraged! With a bit of determination and the right mindset, you can be among the successful 20%.
“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 blank page book. Write a good one” Brad Paisley
Here are 11 simple yet powerful suggestions to help you stay motivated and achieve your desires.
- Ask yourself if this goal is something you are passionate about and something that you really want to achieve? If the goal is something that you think you should want, your level of passion and desire to achieve, just isn’t there. Adjust your New Year’s Resolution goals and make them something you really want to achieve and something you really want to do.
- Is the goal you have set a realistic goal? Choose New Year’s resolutions that are real to you, they must be achievable and align with your values and your abilities. If you make big audacious goals, then break down the big goals into smaller, manageable steps, and celebrate every time you achieve one of these steps, this will make success more likely as it keeps you motivated along the way.
- Create a Plan of action to make sure the goal has a pathway to success. Outline a clear plan of action. Define specific steps you need to take to reach your goals. Having a roadmap will make the journey seem less overwhelming and more attainable.
- Share your New Year’s Resolution Goals with everyone: Tell your friends, family, or classmates about your resolutions. Sharing your aspirations creates a support system, and having others aware of your goals can provide encouragement and is a good way to get accountability.
- Track Your Progress: Keep a journal or use a tracking app to monitor your achievements. Regularly reflecting on your progress will help you stay focused and motivated as you see the positive changes taking place.
- Celebrate Small Wins: Acknowledge and celebrate the small victories along the way. Whether it’s completing a workout, resisting a tempting snack, or hitting a study goal, recognizing your achievements will boost your confidence and motivation. Share these victories with your support system too, as they will cheer you on.
- Learn from Setbacks: Accept that setbacks are a part of any journey. Instead of getting discouraged, use setbacks as opportunities to learn from your mistakes and adjust your approach so you are moving in a more positive direction. Embrace challenges as your best friend, these learning experiences will bring you one step closer to success.
- Stay Positive: Maintain a positive mindset, even when facing obstacles. Replace negative thoughts with affirmations and focus on the progress you’ve made. A positive attitude can be a powerful force in overcoming challenges.
- Find a Buddy: Team up with a friend or family member who shares similar values and New Year goals, they can become your accountability buddy to keep you on track. Having a buddy provides mutual support, making the journey more enjoyable and increasing your chances of success.
- Mix It Up: Avoid monotony by adding variety to your routine. If your resolution involves exercise, try different activities to keep things interesting. Variety prevents boredom and helps you stay committed to your goals.
- Schedule Regular Check-Ins: Set aside time regularly to assess your progress. Reflecting on your achievements, reassessing your goals, and making adjustments to your plan will keep you on track and motivated throughout the year.
“Cheer’s to a New Year and another chance to get it right”. Oprah Winfrey
Staying motivated to achieve your New Year’s resolutions requires dedication and a positive mindset. By setting realistic goals, creating a plan, celebrating small wins, and staying connected with a support system, you can increase your chances of success. Remember, it’s not about perfection but progress. Stay committed, be determined, stay positive, and you’ll be well on your way to making this year a successful one!